This week’s guest post comes from Cristina, blogger behind Criddle Me This . She explains ‘my blog contains the ramblings of a young journalist, looking to chronicle the finer things in life during her free time. It will largely be a self-indulgent diary of what/where I like to wear, eat, buy, imbibe, as well as where I travel and weird and wonderful things I like to try out. I have a penchant for pink things, ponies and prosecco (sigh, like most twenty-something females) but, more importantly, am über keen to have new and exciting experiences, even if it – and it usually does – involves humiliating myself.’
1. What is your name and where do you come from?
My name is Cristina Criddle and I’m from Plymouth, Devon, originally. I’m half-Spanish too and now spend my time half in Manchester, half in London – so I’m a bit all over the place!
2. What sort of traveller are you? Full time / part time / business / backpacker etc?
I’m very much a part-time traveller. I wish I could travel more but my job is pretty full on, so big trips away aren’t really an option. That said, I love travelling around the UK and Europe and I do often get to travel with work – so I always mix a bit of leisure time with a business trip.
3. How do you fund your travelling?
By working, of course! I sometimes get accommodation/food/experiences for my blog but generally, I fund it off my own back. There’s more freedom when you’re using your own money and I think you enjoy it more because you’ve worked hard and saved to travel.
4. Where is the best place you have ever been and why?
I’d say my whistle stop tour of South America a few years ago (annoyingly, I didn’t have my blog then!). I made a spontaneous last-minute decision to go, I travelled alone and made loads of friends. I’ve never felt so free and had complete control over what I saw. It’s just a beautiful place, I need to go back!
5. Where is the worst place you have ever been and why?
Spalding (it’s oop North). I went for a really bleak reason for work so I wasn’t in the best mood. I stayed in the grottiest hotel with broken air conditioning on one of the hottest days of the year and ate at a sub par Wetherspoons on my own!
6. Do you have a Bucket List? If so where are the 3 top places on it?
- New York
7. What 3 things (apart from the essentials – food/water etc) do you always travel with?
- My iPad, for writing, reading and watching movies/programmes on while travelling
- My Filofax – I never go anywhere without it! Keeps me organised and I usually have passport/itinerary/tickets in there
- Eye Mask – so I can sleep wherever I am
8. What makes you happy and why?
Knowing I’m trying my best, and seeing that work pay off. Just makes the effort all worth it.
9. How long have you been bloggingand why did you start?
Since Christmas last year! I used to be a print journalist but I’ve moved into TV so I use it as an outlet for writing. That way I don’t miss it!
10. What makes your blogunique and why should people read it?
I write about loads of different things, so there’s something for everyone, and I always try to be as authentic as possible. Hopefully there’s enough of my own personality in it to make it unique! All the photos (apart from one or two) and thoughts are mine, that’s all I can do.
From ESLT – thank you Cristina for taking the time to answer our questions. Safe Travels 🙂