As someone who blogs about travel, 9 times out of 10 my adventures involve exploring until it feels like my feet are going to fall of. When travelling I have this thing inside of me that yells you have to see as much as you can – NO slacking! I mean no one would want to read how I visited somewhere and didn’t see anything. However, sometimes everyone needs to take their foot of the gas and chill out, yes even me. Once our American road trip next month is over, that’s when the search for last-minute cheap holidays will commence. After a month of non stop exploring and adventure I’ll be in need of a week on the beach doing NOTHING, well almost nothing.
I love reading and whilst on a beach holidays you will always find me with my nose in a book, well my kindle, but you get the idea. This is because it is the only time I actually get to read, I mean properly read – I can start a book, get engrossed in it and actually finish it within a day or so. If I try to read at home life gets in the way and by the time I start reading the story again, I have forgotten what has already happened, meaning I have to start again. Therefore, I just don’t bother anymore.
Do you enjoy reading on holiday? Do you have a Kindle (or other e-reader) or do you prefer a good old-fashioned paperback book? I must admit I love a good book and the feeling you get when you crack the spine of a brand new one. And because of my love of books, I was late to the party when it came to investing in a Kindle. However, I am very pleased that I did, but obviously there are pros and cons to both:
You may think that as someone who travels a lot on my list of books to read would be at least one about travel or travel related – nope! Well apart from Alex Garland’s The Beach – I could read that a bizillon times and never get bored with it. When I read a book I love the sense of escapism. Whether it be a rom com, a thriller or even Shakespeare, it has to allow me to be completely engrossed in the story. As I don’t get the opportunity to read that often my current reading list is ridiculously long, yet I have whittled it down to only 5.
Top 5 book to read – Summer 2017:
1 & 2. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – Parts One and Two (by John Tiffany , Jack Thorne, J.K. Rowling)
3. Hollywood Dirt (by Alessandra Torre)
4. Before I Fall (by Lauren Oliver)
5. The Mountain Between Us (by Charles Martin)
What’s at the top of you reading list for summer 2017? Or what’s your favourite book of all time? Let us know in the comments section below and enter our competition to win a £25 Amazon voucher to spend on ebooks or actual books (or whatever you like 🙂 )
Closing Date : Midnight 8th June 2017
Terms and conditions
1. The promotion is open to UK Residents ONLY aged 18 or over
2. To enter, simply enter via link in post – Rafflecopter
3. No purchase necessary, however internet access is required.
4. The Prize: 1 x £25 Amazon Gift Voucher
5. By entering the promotion entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms & conditions and by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the prize. No correspondence will be entered into.