This week’s guest interview is with Char, travel blogger behind Memoirs & Musings. She explains ‘I love to travel, indulge in a glass of white wine, when plans are cancelled and purchase overpriced makeup. I guess that’s me in a nutshell, trying to figure out this thing called life, have fun and never lose sight.’
1. What is your name and where do you come from?
Char short for Charlotte from London. I actually took part in this Q and A maybe a year or two ago but I like to think I’ve grown up and travelled a little more since then.
2. What sort of traveller are you? Full time / part time / business / backpacker etc?
Part-time using my annual leave to its full potential. My take on travel is affordable luxury for the 9 to 5er, it doesn’t have to be over the odds.
3. How do you fund your travelling?
Working full time.
4. Where is the best place you have ever been and why?
Mexico. The people are so happy, so humble and I’d never felt so relaxed. Not only that, can we take a moment to appreciate the food?
5. Where is the worst place you have ever been and why?
Tunisia. It was great for a cheap all inclusive break but I wouldn’t go back.
6. Do you have a Bucket List? If so where are the 3 top places on it?
Japan – This has been on my bucket list for a while now and every time I add it up my heart stops. If it’s not the flights, it’s the hotel, so I’m saving up to make it special.
Iceland – Rugged, beautiful scenery.
Seattle – An understated US city.
7. What 3 things (apart from the essentials – food/water etc) do you always travel with?
My iPhone – Saves all my documents, boarding cards, works as a map and helps you translate things too.
8. What makes you happy and why?
Food (and travel). They go hand in hand, we learn about a culture through food and the best way to do it is to travel and discover it authentically.
9. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
I’m gonna say 10-12 years as I’ve had a blog on and off since the days of LiveJournal. My blog – Memoirs and Musings has been around since 2012 and I only started taking it seriously in 2015 as I wanted a space to document my 20s.
10. What makes your blog unique and why should people read it?
It’s a reflection of me, the places I go and who I am. To quote my ‘About Me’ page:
I have been in and out the Bloggersphere since the days of LiveJournal and when Tumblr was the originally ‘cool’ blogging platform. Over the years, this industry has changed so much, I do question if I am actually part of it or if I’m on the outskirts looking in. I wouldn’t say I was your ‘typical’ blogger either. I don’t care about getting the perfect flatlay or feeling bad for not posting, I just enjoy writing.
From ESLT – thank you, Char, for taking the time to answer our questions. Safe Travels 🙂