Scotland’s rugged highlands and unspoilt glens make this corner of the world one that’s admired from all over. Steeped in history and awash with adventure, Scotland is a hive of activity for both culture vultures and adrenaline-junkies. So whether you’re seeking a city-break in the culture capital or escaping to the captivating countryside, Scotland has something unique to offer each of its visitors.
In today’s article, the avid explorers at Wilderness Scotland will be evoking a sense of wanderlust as they explain just why a trip to Scotland should be on your itinerary this summer.
1. Picturesque panoramasAs if the astounding architecture in Scotland’s vibrant city centres wasn’t enough, experience the unparalleled vistas on a rural retreat to the Scottish Highlands. The combination of the rugged mountains and unspoilt stretches of freshwater lochs is what creates this unique backdrop – making it an absolute must-add experience to any bucket-list.
2. Action-packed adventuresWhether you’re an experienced skipper or just fancy trying your hand at canoeing, the abundance of freshwater lochs make Scotland the ideal destination for anyone wanting to take to the water. On the shore-side, adventures are aplenty. With serene surroundings for cycling and a whole host of mountains waiting to be tackled, this adventure aplenty for the explorer in you.
3. Wonderful wildlifeA trip into the uncompromising Scottish countryside is a must for any nature-lover. With the wildlife roaming freely around the picturesque landscape, you’ll find yourself getting up close and personal with some of the rarest species of flora and fauna. If you’re a keen photographer, you’ll want to make sure you have your camera to hand – allowing you to snap some incredible shots of Scotland’s animals.
4. A sanctuary of calmIf you’re looking for ways to truly feel at one with nature, look no further. Get back in touch with the great outdoors and escape along the freshwater lochs for a real sense of seclusion and serenity. With the glass-like calm waters and only wildlife for company, this countryside break will bring unrivalled levels of relaxation.
5. Diverse characters and cultureWhether you take a trip to the capital of creativity, Glasgow, or experience the incredible exhibitions of the Arts at Edinburgh festival, Scotland’s culture is rich in every community. Escape to the country and you’ll stumble across quaint villages populated with some of the most interesting and unique characters, all willing to share a story over a well-deserved whiskey!
6. Rich heritage and historyWhether you scale the heights of Edinburgh Castle or observe the remains of the Dunnottar fortress from the water, there’s a truly remarkable Scottish adventure at every turn. Get your fix of culture by celebrating the traditions of this region at an authentic Gaelic Ceilidh or quiz the locals for tales of the infamous Loch Ness monster. However you spend your time in this breathtaking part of the world, it’s sure to be a trip to remember.
From the famous Scottish pride that ripples through every community to the majestic rolling hills in the Highlands, Scotland boasts beauty in every sense of the word. What are you waiting for?