2017 Itinerary

2017 Itinerary

2016 has been a busy old year, every month we seemed to be packing up and jetting off somewhere – I’m certainly not complaining – we’ve had a great time. We also took the decision after years and years of long-haul flights to stay closer to home. As I’m not the world’s greatest flyer, I was more than happy with that decision. Also, as we both work full-time we decided that we would stretch our annual leave days as far as they would go and take shorter breaks than usual. Therefore our longest trip in 2016 was actually only seven days. Yes – great because we got to take 11 foreign trips to 11 different places during the year, however, it did sometimes feel like we had just arrived somewhere and we were packing to come home again.

So with all that in mind we have decided that 2017 would see us having one big trip in the middle of the year with little breaks on either side of it. 2017 will see us spending a considerable amount of time in America and also adding 2 new countries to our current list of 70 and who knows if we find the time we may be able to squeeze one or two more in too.

January

• Yorkshire Dales, England – 4 days
  • Abu Dhabi, UAE – 7 days

December

• Rotterdam, The Netherlands – 2 days
  • Frankfurt, Germany – 3 days
  • Basel, Switzerland – 4 days

We’d love to hear from you if you have any tips or recommendations regarding the places we are heading/ plan to head to next year. Please feel free to add links to any posts you have written!

Where are you heading in 2017, we’d love to know!

Advertisements
Sharing is caring:

39 Comments

1. December 17, 2016 / 7:21 am

Wow looks like you guys will have so much fun traveling!

• December 20, 2016 / 5:31 pm

We will certainly try our best πŸ™‚

• December 20, 2016 / 7:38 pm

πŸ™‚ enjoy your travels!! And stay safe!

• December 20, 2016 / 7:38 pm

Stop by my blog when you get the chance:)

2. December 17, 2016 / 11:19 am

I’m very impressed that you already have everything sorted for 2017! My plans are all very much TBC at the moment. Your trip to California sounds fantastic and is very much something I would like to do so I’ll enjoy reading all about it.

• December 20, 2016 / 5:30 pm

We do get carried away πŸ™‚ But with Mr ESLT getting set holiday days at work it really does make it easy to plan the whole year out. We can’t wait for our California trip, I’m trying not to wish the time between now and June away but it’s hard not to! Hope you get some plans confirmed, it’s always nice to have something to look forward to, isn’t it?

3. crystalragland2016
    December 17, 2016 / 4:37 pm

I see you’re going to the West Coast of America in June, check out my blogs on California for fun things to do while in CA!

4. crystalragland2016
    December 17, 2016 / 4:38 pm

Forgot to add the blog! Travel and Table

5. December 17, 2016 / 9:24 pm

Aah, the Yorkshire Dales – absolutely loved frequenting this region while I studied in Leeds, such gorgeous scenery and some lovely little towns to explore too. While you’re in Strasbourg, I’d highly recommend setting aside a day to explore Colmar (30 mins south of Strasbourg by train) – I spent my year abroad there so I’m extremely biased, but it’s a beautiful, traditional Alsatian town with gingerbread houses, little canals and just so picturesque! If you want any tips for Alsace, I’d be happy to help πŸ™‚

• December 20, 2016 / 5:26 pm

The Dales are beautiful aren’t they and only a couple of hours away from us. Fingers crossed for nice weather in April so we can explore some of the gorgeous stately homes and castles πŸ™‚ Oh thanks for the Colmar recommendation, and thanks for the offer of tips and help. I think I’ll take you up on that nearer the time – Thank you!

• December 20, 2016 / 5:27 pm

Such a gorgeous region – and rather nice that they don’t seem to get as crowded as the Lakes! Not a problem, I’d be happy to help πŸ™‚

6. I did Vienna and Munich as part of a interrail trip last year, and if you like train travel and can fit it in, Innsbruck is a lovely stopover between the two cities. You take a slight detour, but can get direct trains Vienna – Innsbruck – Munich and vice versa, and only really need a couple of days to see the city without venturing further out.

• December 20, 2016 / 5:41 pm

That was the original plan (Innsbruck or Salzburg) but sadly I just don’t think we will have the time πŸ™ But it is a year away so maybe we can jiggle a few things around and somehow fit it in! Hope you had a great time?

• I absolutely loved it! I passed through this year on my way from Verona to Munich, and couldn’t believe I hadn’t arranged a stopover. I’m a real sucker for mountains though πŸ™‚

7. Anisa
    December 18, 2016 / 11:07 pm

Sounds like a great plan. Will send you some recommendations for California at some point. Can’t wait to see you in January.

• December 20, 2016 / 5:34 pm

Oh thank you, California recommendations would be great! I can’t wait to see you in January too, we are on for the SATC Tour, I got confirmation today πŸ™‚ YEAH!!!

• Anisa
        December 20, 2016 / 5:35 pm

Yeah that will be so fun!

8. Angela Michelle Thibert
    December 20, 2016 / 2:32 am

wow!! Wish I could travel that much! sounds like fun. Spain is another great place to see… Barcelona has my heart

• December 20, 2016 / 5:18 pm

And ours too, we haven’t been to Barcelona for a few years – maybe that is somewhere we could add to our 2018 Itinerary πŸ™‚

9. December 31, 2016 / 6:08 pm

Wow, what an impressive list! πŸ™‚
    Happy New Year to you all and your loved ones!

• December 31, 2016 / 7:32 pm

Thank you Dina! Happy New Year to you and yours too! Here’s to 2017!!!

10. January 4, 2017 / 4:44 am

Hey just had a look at your blog- inspiring me to go travelling! Where are you guys originally based? I live in Manchester, Uk so would be more than happy to tell you my favourite haunts and recommendations for things to do/see! X

• January 4, 2017 / 10:09 pm

Thank you! We are based in East Yorkshire, so not too far away but Manchester is such a big city we easily get lost there! Would love some recommendations for great restaurants if you have any? πŸ™‚

11. January 6, 2017 / 7:28 pm

Ah glad you had a great 2016!
    Those are some great places to visit!
    I went to Utrecht last summer, and ah it’s definitely a beautiful city πŸŒ·πŸ‘ŒπŸΏ

• January 10, 2017 / 8:58 pm

That’s great to hear, it will only be a flying visit but we are really looking forward to visiting. Would love to know if you have any tips or recommendations of what to do/see or even where to eat?

• January 11, 2017 / 6:21 pm

Ah a post in my drafts is “9 Days in The Netherlands” πŸ™ˆ
        I’ll send you a link when I post!

12. February 10, 2017 / 10:07 am

Wowww! Inspired!

You list looks amazing and full of adventure. Looking forward to reading more travel stories πŸ™‚

• February 10, 2017 / 12:10 pm

Thank you! 2017 is shaping up to be a good year πŸ™‚ Thank you for the follow. We have followed back and are looking forward to reading about your adventures too πŸ™‚

13. February 22, 2017 / 4:32 am

Wow that is wonderful how much you travel.

• February 24, 2017 / 6:06 pm

Thank you, we try our best to travel as often as we can πŸ™‚

• February 24, 2017 / 11:29 pm

My work gets in the way! I think that’s wonderful!!

14. March 1, 2017 / 5:15 pm

What fun is coming your way. I really should put my adventure goals in a travel itinerary form ~ wonderful idea!

• March 3, 2017 / 7:24 am

It’s something I’ve always done as I get sad if I think I’m got nothing to look forward to. What are your plans for 2017?

• March 5, 2017 / 4:06 am

Many exciting travel adventures that I am excited to share on my site and YouTube channels: North Carolina, Amsterdam, Anaheim, London… who knows where all I will end up! Other than that the big plan is to build community! πŸ™‚

• March 5, 2017 / 2:13 pm

All your trips sound amazing! Have a great time. Looking forward to reading and watching along! Safe travels πŸ™‚