As Sports Ambassadors for Ladival’s summer #LoveSPF campaign it was essential that we tested out products from their range. Sun protection to me is vital, having had a skin cancer scare in my late teens it made me realise that slapping on the sun screen is vital. I am that pale skinned I even have to use sun protection even on an overcast day in England. It’s important to remember that even if the sun is not shining brightly it can still be doing damage to your skin including skin ageing, skin cancer, formation of free radicals and increased wrinkling (and at 33 I certainly don’t want to encourage more).
The Ladival DNA Repair After Sun provides relief for taut feeling skin, alleviates sun related reddening and supports the natural regeneration process for sun damaged skin.
Therefore on a recent trip to the Lake District I took the opportunity to try out the following:-
LADIVAL SPRAY SPF30 150ML, RRP £19.99
A SPF 30 spray was perfect for me on this break. It was slightly overcast but that has never stopped me getting sun burnt before. I applied the spray first thing in the morning after a shower, including on my face under my make up which I was worried about in case it left me with a shiny face – but it didn’t. In fact I didn’t find the spray greasy at all. Mr ESLT laughs at how non absorbent my skin is but this spray disappeared without much rubbing at all. The bottle has a handy removable cap which is very secure which meant no spillage in my bag.
DNA REPAIR AFTER SUN GEL 150ML, RRP £19.99
Even though I had not burnt using the SPF 30 lotion I still thought it was important to use the after sun gel. Just because I couldn’t see any damage to my skin doesn’t mean to say there wasn’t any. I personally prefer an after sun gel rather than a lotion, it always feels nicer on my skin and cooling (especially if it has been in the fridge). However, some gels can leave you feeling very sticky making putting your clothes on a challenge. I didn’t find the Ladival after sun gel sticky at all and dressed straight after application.
After trying the SPF30 in this country I’m going to invest in the SPF 50 for our upcoming holiday to Malta, as I simply don’t think the SPF30 would be strong enough for my translucent skin. In the absence of travel sized bottles (please produce some Ladival – I for one would buy them), I’ll be decanting the SPF30 and after sun for our upcoming break in Madrid.
Don’t forget to enter our Ladival Giveaway (UK Entrants Only)
Here’s your chance to win a Ladival Prize Bundle (worth £100). Simply click below to enter. Comprising of:
1. bkr 250ml water bottle
2. Adidas Graphic Tote Bag
3. Nike 2.0 Lightweight Armband
4. A summer supply of Ladival Sun Protection SFP 15, 30 & 50 Lotion & Spray .
Closing date: NOW CLOSEDGiveaway Terms & Conditions1. The promotion is open To everyone aged 18 or over, living in the UK, excluding employees and their immediate families of Ladival, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. To enter, simply enter via link in post – Rafflecopter
3. No purchase necessary, however internet access is required.
4. The Prizes: 1 x Ladival Prize Bundle (items detailed above)
5. By entering, winners agree that if they win they will participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by The Promoter or its agencies.
6. By entering the promotion entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms & conditions and by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
7. The Promoter or its agencies accept no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered through acceptance of the prize.
8. The Promoter or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of The Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
9. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering or to have tampered with the operation of the promotion or the Ladival website, or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions.
10. To the full extent permitted by law the Promoter will not accept liability for any loss, damage, injury or death arising from this promotion beyond its reasonable control.
- Ladival provided us with samples to try out in exchange for honest review