It’s August tomorrow which means it’s Mr ESLT’s birthday month (21 again of course!) So when Baker Days got in contact with me to ask us to review their personalised letterbox cakes it made sense to get a birthday cake for the special birthday boy! I perused their website, trying to resist drooling over my laptop as I did so, to find the right one. I’ll be honest there were LOADS to choose from and I must have picked half a dozen before deciding on the perfect one.
Baker days offer cakes for all occasions – birthdays (of course), anniversary, hen party, design your own etc – there are genuinely too may categories to list. You can also choose your favourite filling – vanilla sponge, choc chip sponge, gluten free cake, dairy free cake and fruit cake. Knowing Mr ESLT loves vanilla sponge, and it was his cake after all, I opted for that filling.
If the cake is ordered before 2pm then it will be delivered the next working day. I managed to grab it off the door mat before Mr ESLT had chance to see it and question what it was. It struck me how great these cakes are as surprise present. I mean come on who doesn’t love cake and if it arrives through your letterbox, all the better. Plus because of its handy size it means that you will not get one of those annoying ‘missed delivery’ cards meaning you don’t have to head down to the local sorting office to collect it.
Inside the box I found the cake inside a lovely tin which I’m sure I can find a use for even though the cake has long been scoffed, a couple of candles, a little card and a couple of balloons. Perfect little accessories for making someone’s special occasion even more special. I’ll be honest I waited around a week before presenting the cake to Mr ESLT, worrying that it may not have been in perfect condition but that shouldn’t have worried me as the cake was still super fresh and moist by the time we cut it to eat, in fact they stay fresh for 14 days. The cake itself is 5 inches in diameter, sold as serving 3 – 4. We cut the cake into quarters and enjoyed two servings each, not one after the other I must add! It was light and fluffy and not dry or crumbly like some sponge cakes can be. The icing was the perfect thickness and sweetness for me, I often find sometimes cakes can have too much icing on them.
My only slight issue with the cake was the quality of the picture but I think that has more to do with the photograph that I sent to be put on it and it would not stop me ordering another one in the future.
• Baker Days sent us a Letterbox cake for the purpose of review. Opinions as always are our own.
Giveaway (UK Entrants Only)
Now here’s your chance to win a Baker Days Letterbox Cake for yourself. Simply click below to enter.
Closing date: 17th August 2016
Giveaway Terms & Conditions
1. The promotion is open To everyone aged 18 or over, living in the UK, excluding employees and their immediate families of Bakerdays, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. To enter, simply enter via link in post – Rafflecopter
3. No purchase necessary, however internet access is required.
4. The Prizes: 1 x prize winner will receive a Baker Days Letterbox Cake
5. By entering, winners agree that if they win they will participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by The Promoter or its agencies.
6. By entering the promotion entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms & conditions and by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
7. The Promoter or its agencies accept no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered through acceptance of the prize.
8. The Promoter or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of The Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
9. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering or to have tampered with the operation of the promotion or the Baker Days website, or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions.
10. To the full extent permitted by law the Promoter will not accept liability for any loss, damage, injury or death arising from this promotion beyond its reasonable control.