A bit of exciting news – Mr ESLT and I are now Sports Ambassadors for the Ladival #LoveSPF Campaign. This year Ladival are proud to be the official sun protectors of British Tennis, and are aiming to support and promote safer play in the sun. Ladival launched a campaign last month to encourage people to play safely in the sun this summer. The campaign is called the #LoveSPF and they would love for people to share their sports selfies (we all love a selfie) online and tag a friend to carry on the social ‘rally’ (see what they did there?), building awareness of wearing SPF when playing sports in the sun. For every sports selfie generated, Ladival will donate £1* to the Shunburn campaign for the Teenage Cancer Trust. So come on folks, get snapping, posting and tagging on Facebook including the hashtag #LoveSPF and let’s raise money for an amazing cause.
So summer is here (finally) and the sun is shining. If like me, you want to spend more time outside enjoying the nice weather while it lasts, it’s important to bear in mind the harmful effects of the sun on your skin. Did you know that infrared-A makes up a third of the sun’s damaging rays, is the most deeply penetrating and causes both short and long-term skin damage. Yet surprisingly, no mainstream sun care brands protect against these harmful rays. Until now.
NEW Ladival Sun Protection is the latest revolution in sun care and the first mainstream brand to protect against harmful Infrared-A rays, as well as both UVA and UVB. Worryingly, nearly 2/3 (61%) of young people aged 13-24 have avoided using sunscreen in order to get a better tan, but it is the damage done to your skin when you are young that could lead to skin cancer developing in later life, so it’s vital that we educate young people now on how they can protect themselves from the sun.
Personally, the sun is not my friend – I am VERY fair skinned (some would say translucent). I myself even had my own skin cancer scare in my teens and had to have a mole removed to be tested. Luckily for me the sample taken was benign but still, it shocked and scared me, especially because I was so young. It made me realise that looking after my skin in the sun is paramount.
Ladival has a wide range available to suit everyone, including lotions and sprays at SPF’s 15, 30 and 50, as well as a kids range. All products have been formulated to contain as many ingredients as necessary, but as few as possible. They are free from perfume, colourants, preservatives and emulsifiers and suitable for sensitive and eczema prone skin, as well as those who suffer from sun allergy and prickly heat. Ladival also has a unique, non-greasy formula that offers immediate protection and is water resistant.
Also in the Ladival range is the DNA Repair After Sun, which is the first after sun in the UK to contain photolyase enzyme, which supports the natural regeneration process for sun-damaged skin The photolyase enzyme is delivered in a hydrodispersion gel formula and helps restore damaged DNA to help protect the skin against long-term effects of UV-B. Inclusion of Vitamin E and Dexpanthenol provide additional skin soothing and nurturing benefits, helping to slow sun-induced skin ageing
Now here’s your chance to win a Ladival Prize Bundle (worth £100). Simply click below to enter. Comprising of:
1. bkr 250ml water bottle
2. Adidas Graphic Tote Bag
3. Nike 2.0 Lightweight Armband
4. A summer supply of Ladival Sun Protection SFP 15, 30 & 50 Lotion & Spray .
Closing date: NOW CLOSED
Giveaway Terms & Conditions
1. The promotion is open To everyone aged 18 or over, living in the UK, excluding employees and their immediate families of Ladival, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. To enter, simply enter via link in post – Rafflecopter
3. No purchase necessary, however internet access is required.
4. The Prizes: 1 x Ladival Prize Bundle (items detailed above)
5. By entering, winners agree that if they win they will participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by The Promoter or its agencies.
6. By entering the promotion entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms & conditions and by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
7. The Promoter or its agencies accept no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered through acceptance of the prize.
8. The Promoter or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of The Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
9. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering or to have tampered with the operation of the promotion or the Ladival website, or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions.
10. To the full extent permitted by law the Promoter will not accept liability for any loss, damage, injury or death arising from this promotion beyond its reasonable control.
- Up to £1000